View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't usually multiquote different issues, but both of these evoked the same "HUH?" reaction from me, so I feel they should go together

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I doubt this would affect buying habits in the short term anyway. Hard to track as many Canadians buy from the States. Amazon.ca does not even sell ebooks that I am aware of and there are a lot of Canadian kindle owners out there.
Helen
Why does buying from the states effect anything? How would buying from a .ca versus a .com website affect how traceable it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Same for me. I sometimes have to rename half a dozen new purchases before they are copied into Calibre.
Why on earth would you bother? Just dump the gibberish files into Calibre. They immediately show up with all the proper metadata, and you normally never need to touch or see the filename at all. If you do ever need to export the file from Calibre, it's going to be automatically renamed with the metadata you've chosen anyway. IOW, Calibre is an automatic file renaming tool, as well.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote