Thread: Which Browser ?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Which Browser ?

I am on a windows 8.1 tablet with a removable keyboard. (Asus transformer T100). I am using it most of the time without the keyboard. I am docking in only when I need to transfer data to the big hardrive which is in the Keyboard, the tablet itself only has 32 gb on board with a micro SD slot to add some space but even then, you are still limited in space. But I am fine with that. The goal is to be working only on this tablet and passing my netbook (windows 7) to my son who needs a portable but powerful solution.

What I am not fine with are the browsers. I hate IE, and have been using Chrome for years now on my netbook. If I am using Chrome on the tablet WITH the keyboard, marking and copying words or a phrase on a website is no problem at all. If I am using the tablet on its own, so relying purely on the touch command, I cannot mark and copy more than one word at a time (double tap marks the word, a long tap open the menu). HOW STUPID IS THIS ?

Does anyone know of another browser that would let me, in tablet mode, select a phrase and copy it ?

Sadly, I did not buy this tablet in one of my gadget binge but because my son really needs the netbook. I love the tablet in many aspects, but there are things I don't like. They are all related to windows, not to asus.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote