View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've been very interested in reading e-books for quite a while. I had a Franklin e-bookman that I read quite a few books on years ago. In the past few years, I read books on my Palm PDA.

About a month ago, I got a Sony PRS505. The main reason I went with the 505 was because I was able to get it "free" by using rewards points from my Sony Visa. Although I was intrigued by the new e-ink devices, I was having a hard time justifying the cost--so when I realized I could get one for "free", I ordered one.

Now that I actually own an e-ink device, I can tell you that if something happened to it, I wouldn't hesitate at spending $300 to $400 on a new one. I love reading on it, and I love being able to take my whole library with me!

One thing I didn't realize until after I got my Sony was how much free content there is. I downloaded several of the classics from Sony (part of their free promotion), but I've ended up replacing a lot of them with books that have been uploaded to this site. In my opinion the books available at MobileReads have much better formatting than the Sony ones. I'm very appreciative of all the time and effort folks at this site have taken to make quality books.

I'm intrigued by the Kindle--and it's wireless connectivity. But, I like the looks of my Sony much better--and I think not being able to buy books instantly is good for me. I have little self control when it comes to impulse purchases, so I can see me spending far too much money on books this way.

Personally, I think that you'll be happy with any of the new e-ink displays.

Good luck to you!
dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote