View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #8
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
I'm new to java also, but I just managed to get my first kindlet run.

I took a look at your package, I'm not sure what tool you used to package it. But I used ellipse, and exported it as a jar file, using a manifest file:

Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Description: Test for Kindle
Main-Class: test.Main
Implementation-Title: Hello
Implementation-Version: 0.0.1
Implementation-Vendor: Me
At first, I didn't include
Code:
Description: Test for Kindle
Main-Class: test.Main
which caused my kindlet not to show up.

With these lines added, it ran like a charm.
Well, I already had the Main-Class line, but I added the description line, and the Kindlet magically appeared on my screen! I'm not sure why this happened, because when I removed the line from my code and reuploaded, the Kindlet did not disappear.

I suspect that the problem could have been with the fact that I was using the 64-bit eclipse, but I compiled this one with 32-bit eclipse. Unfortunately, I have no way of checking because I wiped out my computer, but thanks for your help! Now I can finally try some developing
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote