Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Special Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #66
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
That is excellent news! Thus, unless they really want the older version, there's no need for anyone to read it, as a good modern version is right here in Mobile Read.

I mentioned this in the first voting thread. It's why I happily voted for Verne the second time around as well.

With all the talk about the Ron Miller translation I thought I'd look into it as I would have felt bad nominating and voting for a translation that was widely considered awful. But I figured - as the Ron Miller translation isn't here and isn't actually claiming to be better than more modern translations of the original, I couldn't see any particular reason to wait for it. There's no actual guarantee it will be better than what's currently available anyway.

In any case, I'm pretty happy with this result as this was on my reading list for this year.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote