Thread: Sigil v0.1.5
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #44
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Slowness on Mac's

Hi,

I am a Mac user.

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. I have only used 0.1.4 until yesterday and 0.1.5 "seemed" slower (of course both versions with the same full size book in it) but I have not used a watch to time anything

A few other things, I found:

- searching (only in 0.1.5) seemed to bring it to its knees when in the book view.

- searching in the code view was quite fast and painless. In fact code view itself is quite fast.

- Anytime I close the ToC editor, I seem to wait and watch the ball spinning for quite some time.

- simple book view window operations (growing, shrinking, etc) are so slow that resizing the window at all is problematic when you have a full size book loaded.

Of course, most of this was true with 0.1.4 when loaded with a full sized book, but it does seem slower.

I have taken to working in code view only, and when I want to see what it looks like, I save it as an sgf, unzip the sgf and load the html file in Safari which allows me to resize, scroll, etc quite quickly (but of course all editing then has to be done in code view - which kind of defeats the purpose).
Again, all of this is only when a full size book is there (say 200,000 - 300,000 words or more).

I have never used Sigil on any other platform, so I can't tell if this is normal or not. If not, this may be an issue with the widget kit used on a Mac.

My input for what it is worth.

Kevin
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote