View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No converting from PDF is always a last choice. ePUB/MOBI/LITare the preferred format.
Mine was a rhetorical question. PDF's are poor choice as a source for conversion, and that is, IMHO, the major problem with that format. The content is locked in.

The existence of the file in another format is not a guarantee of delivery. Since a PDF version most likely looks better, it is more likely to reach me as an e-mail attachment. Where and how to find ahi's full Giles translation, on the ever-changing web, and in presence of quite a few "Sun Tzu" Google hits?

Although the statement that "proper typography is literally impossible to automate" is correct, I doubt that many of us would trade the flexibility of ePub for a slightly better typesetting.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote