View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
Riocaz, Im not poo-pooing the reader concept. I understand the publisher's cost and the attraction to e-publishing. I want all of the end-user benefits that come with that.

The Sony CEO coughed up they need sales in the millions to make their model work. Im saying based on the nature of books, I don't see it happening. People are spending an amazing amount of money on iTunes. Go to work and ask how many songs vs books (electronic or otherwise) they have bought in the current year, then translate that to $ (one dollar a song, 7 dollars a book or some such). Its staggering the advantage that songs have, and I posit its just in the nature of how we enjoy songs as a complement to what we do rather than occupying what we do.

Again, I think everyone wants the same thing here but I wonder what Sony and the publishers will do long term after the glory visions of iTunes fade to a more reasonable set of expectations.

Let me save everyone time: You disagree. Thats fine!

-d
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote