View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #472
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does it work in OS X?

I am trying to use BookCreator_2007.dotm with Word for Mac 2011 under OS X Lion, but nothing seems to happen. I don't see any special toolbar or anything else not present for an ordinary Word document. I see a few old posts, several years ago, saying the template does not work under OS X. Is that still true, or do OS X users need to do something special?

P.S. Office for Mac 2011 does include VBA, but I did not have it installed. After installing VBA, I tried to create a new document from the template and got the following error message:

Quote:
Compile error in hidden module:
ThisDocument
Google suggested that I might need to delete my normal.dotm file, so I did so. A new one was generated when I restarted Word. When I try to create a new document from template, a new document window opens and a few seconds later I see the following error message:

Quote:
Could not open macro storage
When I click Okay, a bunch of debugger windows open and I see the following, separate error message:

Quote:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library
When I click Okay, a debugger window is already open with the following window name:

Quote:
BookCreator_2007.dotm - ThisDocument (Code)
Inside that window, the debugger has marked the following line with an arrow and yellow highlighting:

Quote:
Private Sub Document_New()
I don't see a line number, but these are the next few lines:

Quote:
' create toolbar.
' HISTORY:
' DATE: 08/22/2008
'________________________________________________
On Error GoTo Doc_New_Error
There is another debugger window open with the following window title:

Quote:
BookCreator_2007.dotm - frmCalibreAllFormat (Code)
In this second debugger window, I don't see an arrow or yellow highlighting, but the fields at the very top say "cbxAll" on the left and "click" on the right.

There is another debugger window open with references to normal.dotm and BookCreator_2007.dotm and indented subreferences, but it does not appear to say much, if anything relevant, apart from having the focus on frmCalibreAllFormat.

There is another debugger window open called "Properties," but this window is empty. Both tabs are empty.

The new document that caused all these problems can be closed with no further error messages. However, when I try to close Word itself, I get the following error message:

Quote:
Compile error:
Can't find project or library
Two more debugger windows open -- Project (focus on ThisDocument) and BookCreator_2007.dotm - ThisDocument (Code) -- with the latter showing an arrow and yellow highlighting on the following line:

Quote:
Private Sub Document_Close()
For now, I don't save the unspecified changes that were made to BookCreator_2007.dotm.

Everything after I deleted the normal.dotm file and its recreation is 100% repeatable every time I try to create a new document from the BookCreator template.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 07-22-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote