View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Marvel has shown that one can maintain continuity over decades --- I really wish DC would respect their readers and characters enough to allow them to grow and to have some sort of history and legacy (and I wish Marvel would respect history enough to allow characters to age and to stop doing retcons) --- if DC had stuck w/ the original scheme of numbered earths, what would they be up to now?

William
(who hasn't bought a comic book since X-Factor #1)
It's more of a marketing strategy than an attempt to "fix" anything. Like killing Superman or Batman for a few months, it brings in ex-readers who get curious when they hear about it.

But do you really want them all to age? Batman would be in his 70s or 80s by now. I was surprised Aunt May is still alive though. She was on her last legs when I was a kid.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote