Thread: Ode to Marvin
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
How? did the bottom margin also increase then?
I don't know. If Kris makes an install file of Marvin 1.x available for us, I could test it on my iPad 1, comparing it side-by-side with iPad 3. All I know is: while I was never fascinated by Marvin's Library design, I never found it ugly, either. Until now. As soon as the rows of dots were removed, leaving especially the right-hand side of the iPad screen largely empty, the blinding whitespace overstepped the boundaries of the tolerable for me.

I have always disliked white backgrounds, but the disaster that is iOS 7 has made me downright allergic to them now, so I may be more sensitive to whitespace now than before. So many apps that looked perfectly fine until iOS 6, now look absolutely ghoulish with all the blinding whitespace inserted just so that the app apes iOS 7's anti-aesthetics. I can't wait for 2019 or so when the flat fad will be abandoned in droves again after everyone gets fed up with it.

To clarify: I'm only talking about the Library screen here. The progress bar inside the book itself while reading the book is still (optionally) there, and I find it essential.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote