View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #49
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemyers77 View Post
The key step in setting up the EZ Reader for library e-books is to set the clock and calendar to the correct time and date. This is necessary because the library books expire after a set time and the reader must keep track of elapsed time since the e-book was checked out. Of course, your firmware must support ADobe DRM and you must have Adobe Digital Editions installed and authorized to your computer. Follow directions on the ADE site. Then open ADE and connect your reader via USB. An icon for the reader will appear on the left side of the ADE panel Check out and download the library book (ePub), drag and drop the file into ADE, then drag and drop to the reader icon. The book should appear in a file entitled Digital Editions on your SD card. If everything is in order, there should also be an Adobe digital editions folder (1st one listed on the SD card). This folder should contain two XML files, one of which contains the ADE authorization info for the reader. I did not have a step where a dialog opened for me to authorize the reader, but you might. There is a wiki article on the Hanlin V3 and V3+ which has more information, including how to read Kindle (MOBI & PRC) e-books, if your libary offers that format.

I assume the process is similar for the PP.
Thanks for the information, jemeyers77. I'll keep this handy for my own records in case someone has a similar question, and thanks for posting this for other's reference.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote