Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #133
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
It would be nice to get rid of the Discovery bar though. I do not do Facebook, twitter or any of the other social media, so will not be chatting with others about books. I will decide on what books I want and DO NOT WANT TO BE PESTERED AS TO WHAT SOMEONE ELSE THINKS I WANT.
As I've said elsewhere, you can go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Discovery Service and disable it. (while you're there, you might want to disable KoboTracking [seriously, guys, why do you hate your customers so much? :/] and the app with the Chinese character name (which is supposedly the IME for entering Asian characters, but which for some reason demands access to your personal information!)

Disabling the Discovery Service will leave the Discover bar there, but it won't be populated with pictures and advertisements.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote