View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #56
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
I like how dictionary works, but a serious improvement could be that if the read book is in the same language wich is set in kobo settings, the first dictionary displayed is the definition dictionary, if the book is in a different language from the settings, the displayed dictionary should be directly the translation one. For exemple: assuming a kobo set in english, if I read an english book and select a word kobo shows me the definition, if I'm reading a spanish book it shows me directly the ES-EN translation and only if asked the spanish definition.
This might be seen a serious improvement by some, but not by others! Why, for instance, should one force the small English-German dictionary onto somebody reading a German book with English settings. Or what if neither the user language nor the language of the book is English? In those cases you don't have a translation dictionaries. Your improvement has a strong bias for English. I would rather like to select primary and secondary dictionaries on a book to book basis. Please give me more options, rather than other restrictions.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote