View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Can someone explain the physical makeup of the Vox to me? (Maybe someone can point me to a ling where the internal gubbins of the Vox are described.) Apparently there is an internal SD card for storage. Would the operating system and other system files be stored there, or just the apps and their files and data? I don't see any card when I remove the back, so why would the settings have provision for "unmounting" the internal SD card before removing it? What would happen if I unmounted the internal card? Would the Vox still work? Also, I've often removed the external Micro SD card to sideload books and never "unmounted". Is that bad? do I really have to? I just assumed you can remove the external card anytime, just like plugging and unplugging something in a USB port on a computer.

I won't touch on the external SD card as the other two explained it well enough.

As for the Internal SD, yes, there's an Internal SD Card you cannot get to without opening up the device. It's partitioned into 4 sections, one partition housing the factory image, one has the system, one is app data and the last is user data. the first two are hidden. The one that holds app data I believe is the one listed as internal, and one that holds user data is the internal SD.

in any case, all that was to say, don't worry about the un-mount for the internal SD card as you can't remove the card
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote