View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
I think you are using the term "mirroring" wrong. There is "output" which is for single apps and "mirroring" which means that you can see exactly what's happening in the iPad.

True mirroring I got from the iPad 1 by jail breaking it and installing "display out" from Cydia (with the VGA cable). just $3 and it mirrors the entirety of the iPad. Very good for presenting PDFs as all PowerPoint apps suck on the iPad, or you have to convert each and very single graph to an image >_>... And yeah, yiu can watch ANY video that plays and play angry birdsvon the big screen =P

But I really doubt that the iPad 2 has true mirroring as apple wants to enforce DRM or whatever it's called for movies.
True mirroring is in fact a feature of the iPad 2 with the HDMI cable. You can see exactly what is happening on the iPad screen. So in the case of PPTs, you could use Keynote to present your Powerpoint, and you'd see not just the app output, but the Keynote app on the iPad 2 screen as you click on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCNoyoxnfeE

You can watch movies on the big screen as well-but it doesn't show up on the iPad 2 *while* it is playing on the HDTV-but this is less a DRM issue and more a processor issue, I believe. Airplay works similarly with movies in this respect. Limited to 720p for movies, but all the movies you buy on iTunes are 720p anyways.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote