View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I have never read the Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-Tung, something I would have to do for an English translation, but sure wish I had an original version for its historical significance. In the 1980's I worked with a very skilled CAD draftsman (he had originally been and engineer in China) who had fled to the US during the Cultural Revolution. The subject pf “The Little Red Book' came up, while in China he had a copy and was expected to read it daily, and I asked if he still had a copy. He said that no he never thought about bringing that with him out of China.
Somewhere in one of the innumerable boxes of stored books, I have an official red plastic covered English translation of Mao's Quotations. It's definitely not great bedtime reading.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote