View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by statethatiamin View Post
Are you positive that the Kindle never re-indexes the files? Because I know of quite a few people that have said that, like me, they've actually caught the kindle start to do it.
Its not supposed to unless its unable to create the index files or it gets interrupted during indexing for some reason. The two Kindles I've got here never reindex. All the Kindles that my family/friends have also don't do this to my knowledge. You know its indexing because the battery life is awful whilst its doing this so I'd expect everybody to have noticed this happening if it really did do this for non Kindle store content.

Its a bit of a jump to go from it reindexes your content all the time to saying that its a ploy by Amazon to punish/discourage people from using non Kindle store content on their Kindles.

If the Kindle isn't indexing and I've got wireless disabled then I get what the stated battery life is for a Kindle 3 which is 1 month.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote