Thread: Secondary Sort
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
What Worldwalker means, I think, is that while the sorting is done by author_sort, it still displays the Author like Firstname Lastname. I too find that kind of distracting, to see a
Paolo Bacigalupi listed before a
David Baldacci.
But that's a minor gripe - most of the time I read the same authors and since I somehow have a bad book title memory I'd like to see the book that I still need to read, or just simply see the list the way they were published.

I'm sure it's a minor update since the system does something similar now, anyway (author_title THEN title) ... just make it user-changeable even if it means entering an sql code or something.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote