View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I'm a new Kobo ereader person (Glo), although I have been purchasing Kobo books for quite some time - so pardon my ignorance on the following matters.

Below is a Kepub file - which relates to a Kobo book I purchased.

eb7c32c6-5004-4dc0-b1d8-26c59fd3b505

My questions are:

-Is a Kobo ebook/app the only way of reading this file?

- Can Calibre import this file format? (I can't work out how)

- Is this file format somehow convertible so that Calibre can understand it?

Am I right in thinking that if, for some reason, you can only download a kepub file (say because the ADE link is stuffed) that you can't ever actually get the book into Calibre and clean it, and convert it etc
You can download the "epub" to your PC from the Kobo website and run it through Calibre; you may already know that... Books downloaded directly to the reader itself are "kepubs" and can't be converted/cleaned in Calibre.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote