View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Where things stand ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I followed the steps I outlined earlier from scratch, and <dc:creator> was properly modified with the Save to disk plugboard template.
G

Edit: Attached is my version of content.opf after Save to disk through the plugboard
Hello G,

Back in town after a relaxing weekend spoiling the Grandkids ...

Here's a recap of where things stand:

Currently, the Catalog is generated with the name "0-Books - calibre.epub". I want to change this to "0-Books - 0-Marty.epub".
(I changed the author name I first mentioned to avoid any confusion between "calibre" and "0-calibre".)

Created the template "change_author_if_catalog" and created the custom column "Authors Test".
The requested author name (0-Marty) is correctly displayed in the custom column. The original "authors" column is not changed.
So, with the template working correctly, I then created the plugboard for save-to-disk.

Saving books to disk has the option: "Update metadata in saved copies". I selected this option.
The save-to-disk template I used: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors} is the same format I use when I send books to the Nook.

When the catalog is saved-to-disk:
- in the epub, the "content.opf" is updated to: <dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="calibre">0-Marty</dc:creator>
- the saved-to-disk catalog is still actually named "0-Books - calibre.epub".

However, if the saved-to-disk epub is then added back into calibre, it gets the name I want: "0-Books - 0-Marty.epub".

Apparently the plugboard updates the "content.opf" in an epub but does not actually rename the epub itself before save-to-disk. Is this correct behavior?

You said: "I followed the steps I outlined earlier from scratch, and <dc:creator> was properly modified with the Save to disk plugboard template."
Question: Was the epub that was saved-to-disk actually renamed, or was only the content.opf changed?

The calibre manual states:
Plugboards affect the metadata written into the book when it is saved to disk or written to the device.
Plugboards do not affect the metadata used by save to disk and send to device to create the file names.
Instead, file names are constructed using the templates entered on the appropriate preferences window.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote