View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Every single browser engine is a major security risk: Chrome has had plenty of critical bugs fixed. One per system is a VERY good rule, and the casual suggestion to people that they install a browser to bypass intentionally-broken website functionality is just bluntly ridiculous from a security standpoint.
The OP is having serious bandwidth issues reading content in the Philippines. I don't know what you mean by "intentionally-broken website functionality", but I stand by my suggestion that a) reading the content as an RSS feed will help, b) Google Reader does a good job of that, and c) Google Chrome is a good way of accessing Google Reader.

I think "bluntly ridiculous" indicates ridiculous paranoia. I use Safari, Firefox, Chrome and sometimes Opera, and have yet to have any issues. I keep my Mac fully up to date, and use a simple NAT setup. Maybe I am ridiculously lucky?
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote