View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #40
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
ePub versus PDB IS the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That's not the point. epub can be DRM'd or not.
The sample WAS NOT drm encrypted. The full book I downloaded (per Jon's link) WAS drm encrypted. It has nothing to do with PDB.
PDB books from BN can NOT be read by Sony 3.1 whether DRM protected or not. If you did not check the directory, you don't know the answer.

As of this moment in time of SEVEN samples I downloaded from the BN site only one was ePub.

As it happens, I like that book anyway and will buy the full book from BN once I finish one of the two books in BBeB from the Sony site I am currently reading. If I cannot read it in Sony 3.1, I will read it in BN 2.1. I'll also check then if it is ePub or PDB.

I'll let you know after I make that test.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote