Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #49
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post

If it was not for the MS-Word legacy, I'd be using LibreOffice, and my dream: a Linux based system. But I know me, I have to be careful, too much fun may be prejudicial.
Actually, when I work with MS-Word documents, I DO use LibreOffice with either the writer2xhtml (usually) or the writer2epub extensions to generate the original epub, then tweak with sigil, produce a modified epub version for kindlegen-to-mobi via comand line.

All on Debian linux. I only use Windows when I have to: InDesign, ADE, Kindle Previewer, etc.

Albert

(And FWIW, I work part-time for a small "boutique" publisher, for whom I handle all ebook creation / conversion, and for which I am paid (a pittance! ), so in that sense I am a professional, though certainly not in Hitch's league!)
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote