View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSimpson View Post
For me covers make a difference. Even with ebooks. If I'm not feeling the cover, I won't look unless the book is recommended by someone.
Even if a book is recommended by someone, a cover might influence me not to consider the book if it looks unprofessional or if it has elements I find unappealing.

I'm puzzled by people saying they're not influenced by the cover. It's the old "picture is worth a thousand words" thing. I see the cover in less time than it takes to read a title and blurb; I also remember an image better than a title, so I know what I might have already considered and rejected. There are a lot of generic titles and reused titles, but cover image is usually more memorable.

Just for the record, I hate the blue Gatsby cover. If I didn't already know the work, I would never pick up a book with that cover.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote