Thread: Bigfoot Novels
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
After reading the novels, I might want to read the nonfiction to wash the novels out of my brain. I used to read about Bigfoot and the like, when I was younger, but I gave up after "documentary" that Dad took me to see. I was probably looking at the wrong sources.
Serious cryptozoology (the study of hidden animals) has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I found an old battered copy of "On The Track of the Sasquatch" by John Green at a second hand store, or a garage sale. I've been hooked ever since. One of my most prized possessions is an 1959 edition of "On The Trail Of Unknown Animals" by Bernard Heuvelmans, which is widely (and by widely, I mean widely in the cryptozoology scene) regarded as the baseline to which all other books of its type are judged.

If you'd like to try some serious non fiction, I recommend the following books (available in ebook format)

-Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science by Dr. Jeff Meldrum
-Bigfoot!: The True Story of Apes in America by Loren Coleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Wow... That name gives me flashbacks to the Sasquatch episode of the Six Million Dollar Man. I looked it up on IMDB and learned that was Andre the Giant! He was perfectly cast for the "gentle giant" Sasquatch in that show
Made me chuckle, the Six Million Dollar Man was a bit before my time, but I remember the Sasquatch episode of MacGyver quite well...
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote