View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #251
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Since your here - another noob question ::

Why, when the config file has a static IP set, is this USBnetwork thing trying DHCP anyway?

Do not be too fast to answer this question, I need some time to set up the network tap and record stuff to confirm the above guesses.
I have no idea

I didn't write any part of the usbnetwork stuff, I'm only using it. usbnetwork is yifanlu's and NiLuJe's beast.

But I don't think (speculation!) that the Kindle tries to request a DHCP address.

For me (Ubuntu), it's actually the opposite: my laptop detects a new network connection and tries to autoconfigure itself. I have simply defined a profile matching the usb0 MAC address, which sets the laptop's IP address to the required value. So while it tries to autoconfigure, I just select that profile.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote