View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #79
mutant_matt
Enthusiast
mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergji View Post
So I was under the impression that KOBO, and expecially Kobo Glo handled the unencrypted .mobi format.

Does "Kobo GLO" support mobi format?
From my testing last night, I converted a Mobi book using Calibre to ePub, because I'd read on here, and seen in reviews, and seen the missing Mobi format on the Kobo Glo spec sheet. I then copied the folder manually (not using the right version of Calibre yet to send to the Glo), onto the Glo. The Mobi that was in the folder, showed up in the device, alongside the ePub.

So, for some reason, at least un-encrypted Mobil files seem to work fine on the Glo, which you'd guess to be the case, seeing as the Touch supports them.

I have no idea why Kobo don't state that they support un-encrypted Mobi books, but they do.

I hope this is of help to someone (not supporting Mobi could have been a deal-breaker for me, but I decided, before making this discovery post-purchase, that having ePub support was more important than Mobi, in the Kindle vs Kobo choice. Finding out it supports Mobil after all is just a convenient bonus).

Cheers,

Matt.
mutant_matt is offline   Reply With Quote