View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #44
Rep-PJPL
Rep-PJPL began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
I got a silver reader just after Christmas. My wife got the blue one. We both LOVE them and think these were the best purchases made in years. I did not particularly like the pleather cases - and so I surprised my wife by purchasing a D&B cover for each of us (for Valentine's Day). These just arrived.

My initial reaction - huge package, large silver tins, and $149 each for leather products stamped "made in China". The D&B embossed name doesn't come cheap. And I'd prefer no key chain and a lower price. I doubt I will ever use the key chain.

However, these cases are beautiful and, I believe, well worth the price given how much they enhance the look and feel of what are already beautifully designed products. The leather and stitching are very nice D&B/Coach quality. The black (which is all black) with the silver really looks great. The red (which is very red, not brownish) looks great with the blue (though the inside is brown, not red, if this is an issue for you). These covers look like they will become more beautiful with age and use - and will get the patina of a fine leather bound book.

Really, that's what makes this worth the money. The covers give the readers more substance/refinement and make them feel like a cherished volume. They are more comfortable to hold than the pleather. My wife said that she has already gotten several comments about her reader - more so than with the old cover - if this matters.
Rep-PJPL is offline   Reply With Quote