View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #82
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
I think your question goes to the heart of why I didn't quite manage to get an agent for Remix, Moejoe. It's contemporary fiction with elements of romance; it's a whodunnit but without the masses of suspects in the frame you usually get; it's not chicklit but my daughter reckons readers of chicklit would like it.

I wrote it attempting to write something as much of a page turner as an early Dick Francis, with an intelligent yet naive heroine as in I Capture the Castle. My go at commercial fiction after writing two books in that unique genre, fantasy for people who don't like fantasy.
Don't get downhearted, agents are a bunch of tossers anyway. What your'e describing is slipstream, or to put it better, a Lexi Revellian novel, which makes it all the more important that you put your own unique design stamp on the covers, so that people know this is a LEXI REVELLIAN novel not a this or a that novel.

From your description, I'm sensing a lighter tone to the work than I originally imagined. Give me a couple of minutes and let me see if I can come up with a more modern, chick-litty crossover cover.

I'm thinking more primary colours, a green or a purple with a central image that pops and a slightly funky font beneath.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote