View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I think this is true to a large extent-for example, I can easily recommend an iPhone/Touch/iPad/Macbook to people like my wife, my father, my sisters, and various friends who don't have any technical knowledge, nor any desire to learn.

But its also the case for some of us who do have that technical knowledge, and are just tired of dealing with it. To me it is like cars-I used to do everything to keep my old cars running-replacing brakes, clutches, fan belts, and spark plugs. I enjoyed it, and felt the best way to feel confident about driving it was to understand it.

Now I don't even change my oil or windshield wiper fluid myself. I just drive it.
Problem with the Iphone is --sticking to your car analogy -- Steve tells you which roads to take, who you can take along and what you load, and how to hold the steering wheel. And you can't take it to the flash drive-in.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote