View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
I'm a bit of a gadget geek so I can definitely see the appeal of the Nook and the Kindle at their reduced prices now. I think the Kobo in Canada can probably sit at $150 for another month or two since the Kindle is still more and is bought sight-unseen, for the holiday season I think it needs to be at most $125 but probably closer to $100.

I tried the Sony Touch and Pocket readers back in March/April (bought and returned at Futureshop), the touch was not so good IMO while the Pocket was definitely a good candidate but the Kobo's price seemed worth waiting for. I did mostly buy the Kobo (or would have bought the pocket edition) for the reader part, the Nook and Kindle were definitely too pricey. Today the Nook sans 3G would be very tempting (I'm not interested in the Kindle since it's as restricted as Apple products), it has a couple extra features and is not much more. I'm hoping the Kobo gets the jump-to-page and more sophisticated library management and then I think it is well featured enough to compete below the Nooks price point.

Last edited by JPenguin; 07-11-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Correction
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote