View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #703
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Hi vlad59,

I did notice some activity on COPS/github lately

I'm still happy with cops.

I recently installed COPS on my Raspberry Pi (with Apache).

The performance was not stellar, but it worked. But it worked "better" on my Synology (DS110j) with a comparable arm processor. (Raspberry Pi and Apache/COPS running from a HDD.)

Any thoughts about this?

Anticipating X-mas now even more!
Hi Mario,

About your Raspberry Pi, IMHO the main difference with your NAS is I/O, if you only use a SD card you'll have very slow speed (because the device itself has a lot of latency). You can speed things up little by using a USB key (USB 3.0 are know to have very good access time). But yet even with a HDD the limit would be the USB bus (240Mbits IIRC).

On the other side your NAS can access data very quickly.

EDIT : As a side note, Nginx will use less memory but I don't think it will help here.

EDIT 2 : Another notable difference is that on your NAS an opcode cache installed (apc), you may have forgot to install or enable it on your Raspberry Pi.

Last edited by vlad59; 12-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote