View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottalpoly View Post
By "long tap" do you mean invoking the default application based on the file type association ?
No. I mean getting to the choose reader dialog by long-tap on the book. Doing a long-tap does exactly the same thing as tapping the reader button in book details.

Note that as explained in posts 12 and 13 of this thread, there is a bug in CC's default reader app selection. Don't use it until the next CC release (probably 2.5, probably this week).
Quote:
I have tried :

1) FBReader
- Couldnt work out how to set associations to open PDFs outside of FBReader
FBReader does not support PDF.
Quote:
2) Aldiko
- OK as long as "six step" manual invocation used (no "Long-Tap").
- Crashes if I set Aldiko as the default PDF viewer for "Long-Tap". File size 400KB.
It is my impression that aldiko will make a copy of any book you open with it. I could be wrong...
Quote:
3) Mantano Lite
- OK as long as "six step" manual invocation used (no "Long-Tap").
- Crashes if I set Mantano as the default PDF viewer for "Long-Tap". File size 400KB.

So at the moment I dont seem to be able to use the "Long-Tap" capability. I have to go through the "six step" process to browse the file - so the "Read" field position is probably even more annoying than "normal".
You don't need to use your "6-step process". As noted above, there is a bug in default reader selection. If you don't set a default reader, then long-tap will open the reader app selection dialog. Pick a reader in that dialog, but don't set a default reader.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote