View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #36
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I bought my first eBook many years ago, before I knew the term. I had book club coming up, was stuck in my house in the country with no car, and poking around on the Internet found that I could buy and download it - immediately! It was Memoirs of a Geisha, Adobe PDF DRMed. I started reading it on my laptop and discovered this was NOT enjoyable, so as soon as I could re-bought it in paperback. So I didn't really read the eBook. (I still have the PDF, but several laptops and a new ADE DRM scheme later, can't open it)

Then eReaders came out, but were expensive and Kindle was not available in Canada. I had my iPhone when Kobo was released to market and eInk readers were now affordable. Again for book club, I bought and read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on my iPhone. I quickly saw the benefit of portability, and also having the same book on multiple devices, and it convinced me to take the plunge and get my first eReader, a Kobo.

I'm still not sure whether the convenience and instant gratification of the eBook stores is an advantage or a huge detriment!
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote