View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #14
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
I won't even comment on LotR, because anyone who thinks the movies are better has either (a) very low IQ or (b) some serious psychological disorder

Anyway, from the top of my head I cannot think of any movie better than the source, although I agree with the OP that Blade Runner has greatly surpassed the original in terms of impact and influence. Regarding the other examples posted, I haven't read the originals, so I'm unable to comment.

BTW, if the Twilight movies are better than the books, I shudder to even think of the books. I only watched the first movie with my wife, and it was a seizure-inducing experience.

Outside movies, I do regard one adaptation as better than the original: the Dexter TV series (at least the first few seasons). The TV show gets rid of all the supernatural content of the books, and has a better stories in general (Dexter by Design was absolutely awful, for instance).
We're on the same wavelength about LoTR books. Great deal though about Twilight.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote