View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I've got 4 credits left at DANL and basically nothing I really want to use them up on. I'll probably end up getting the two steampunk selections that have been offered thus far, maybe that fantasy elf invasion historical I was waffling over a couple of months back, and pick the most pharmaceutically-enhanced-looking title out of the remaining lot.

I've discovered that even when it's grounded in more-or-less actual history, there's just not enough historical content in most category historical romances to keep me interested (and aargh aargh aargh, they keep getting the actual history wrong if I want to read stock character versions of 20th century minds poorly transplanted into a pseudo-Austen costume drama I can get that free over at the Pit of Voles), so I've given up on that. Give me zany screwball absurdist comedy adventure crack instead. Qualifying recommendations from past months' selections welcome.

And is it just me, or does it look like the DANL member discount on other books is no longer the usual 40% off and something more like 25%?

On the plus side, that Carina Press $1.99 sale historical mystery looks to be a non-romantic one, so I'll probably pick that up. IIRC, their sale books don't stack with the discount coupons.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote