View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:16 AM   #121
rationalbiker
Connoisseur
rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Fair enough NatCh.

Heck, I would buy the Potter books in ebook format even though I haven't read them or owned them in the paper format. But given the lack of the format, I still don't feel compelled to go take what I don't have a right or permission to own.

In contrast to Colin's idea of the best way to address piracy, my opinion on the best way to address piracy is for society in general not to be so apathetic about the people who are actually doing the wrong. I've read on here people blaming the publishers and the authors (absolutely ludicrous in my mind) but very few people actually blaming the thieves. I'll never understand this kind of "blame the victim instead of the culprit" kind of thinking. I have no way of understanding what the concept 'justice' even means to these people or if the even value that concept at all.