View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #43
Baka no Kami
Baka no Kami is on a distinguished road

Device: Baka no Kami
Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post
Could I ask where you opened up the epubs and how were you able to view these sections? I just got a new Nook today and downloaded all my books that I had on Calibre (299 books, all DRM stripped, most epub but some pdf, and all had covers added to Calibre's metadata. They all show up on Calibre, but only a very few showed up on my nook. I'd like to try to fix this, but I am not sure how you "found" what you did? Sorry for sounding like a noob here.
Right click on any book in Calibre and select "Tweak ePub". Then click the "Explode ePub" button on the pop up you get. Look for a file called content.opf and open it. The first time you do this Windows is going to tell you that it doesn't know what an opf file is and ask what to use to open it. Pick Wordpad (the file's easier to read than it would be in notepad). Once the file is open look for the lines I listed above. If it's not using "cover" in the places I mentioned, make that change, close the file saving the changes, then click "Rebuild ePub" on Calibre's pop up window to store the corrected files back into the ePub.
Baka no Kami is offline   Reply With Quote