View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
Is the information on Last Page Read eventually going to be accessible elsewhere (such as export to OPDS listing)? Reading this over, the first thing that came to mind was being able to use this information to read the same book on two different readers and keeping the location details in something resembling sync. I'm not sure if I understand how its going to be handled...
At this time, the Last Page Read and other annotation information are added to the Comments field in the database, and a copy of the bookmark file is archived in the database. 0.6.46 will also archive 'My Clippings.txt'.

The information is used when generating a Catalog. The 'Recently Read' Section shows reading progress graphically. I use it to see to get a quick overview of what I've been reading in the last month.

At this time, the utility is mostly informational, plus archival. The long-term vision is that it will be possible to edit the metadata on a book and automatically migrate the bookmarks/annotations on the device. This will require some architectural changes which are underway, but it will be some time before this feature is implemented.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote