View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
Has anyone been able to successfully download and transfer S&S epub to a Sony Reader?

I received a 40% coupon for my entire order as an enticement to come back to S&S. I bought 4 books. I've only been able to download one of the books and have it open in ADE. I can't even download the other three books.

I wrote to tech support, and explained the problem to them in detail - the fact that I tried to do this on both my Mac and PC, the fact that I am running the most recent software versions of ADE and Sony Reader. The fact that I am successful at downloading and transferring epub from Books on Board and the NYPL.

I even went so far as to investigate what was going on with the downloads - looks to me like the file that controls encryption of the .epub archive is corrupt.

I got back a canned "check your software, are you using the right machine, flash your Sony Reader" message in response (the last part was especially infuriating since I specifically said that I was attempting to transfer books to a Sony Pocket 300, or 700). Clearly, the guy did not read my email.

I tried again, and got pretty much the same response from the same guy.

That was the last straw - I wrote back last night and stated that he was obviously not reading my email, that I had explained the situation to him in excruciating detail, and that he needed to find someone who could either help me or refund my money.

Thus far, I haven't heard back. I can open one of the books in ADE, but it won't open in the Sony software. The other 3 are, well, f'd if no one at S&S is going to provide me with real support (or at a minimum, epub files that are not corrupt).

Has anyone seen the following when attempting to download and open a new epub in ADE?:

Error getting license
Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

Further, a look at the .acsm files revealed that I was attempting to download the same .acsm repeatedly (the file for the first book - the one that actually opened in ADE).

Anyone have any ideas of what to do next besides call Amex and challenge the charge on my card?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

-Jean
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote