View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou007 View Post
echo .dump | sqlite3 .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite[/I]

I'm not very good at CLIs, and I screwed that part up because I didn't specify the directory correctly. So, what is that supposed to do? I thought it meant output the changes to the file, however, as soon as I executed the previous commands, the file was modified. So what is that last step for?
I took a look at the sqlite documentation, and it is supposed to dump the entire database as plain text to the screen. (You can redirect it to a file if you want.) It shouldn't modify the database.

Quote:
Do I get a manufacturer's warranty without registering?
No idea. It may be a moot point anyhow if Ontario's consumer protection laws say that registration is unnecessary.

Quote:
Recommendations actually sound interesting - are they only based on Kobo Marketplace items, or anything you're reading?
As far as I can tell, the marketplace. What I buy is very different from what I sideload, and the recommendations seem to reflect the purchased books. You can also tell it to exclude books from the list and you can rate books from the list. Presumably that fits into their algorithms somehow.

Quote:
Can I get the dictionary? Does it work with any KePub format file?
I have no idea if the dictionary works for kePub files, but it definitely works for ePub files. (Given that kePub is what Kobo sells, I presume it support kePubs ... but ya never know. ) You download the dictionaries from Settings > Language.