View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #29
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I rarely re-read; in fact that only books I've ever re-read were the Hitchhiker's Guide books, and Hyperion. I just find that I'd much rather have a new experience.

I also don't really have any books I'd consider "comfort books". My favourite books of all time are 1984, A Canticle for Leibowitz and Fahrenheit 451; nothing that I'd consider reading as a pick-me-up

Edit

Come to think of it, I really don't like re-watching movies either. I think a big part of the experience for me is novelty and surprise, without those I'm not that interested. I also find that a second reading/watching lessens the emotional impact, so I don't remember the book/movie as fondly.

Last edited by Ninjalawyer; 02-19-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote