View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Wink ...feel like Microsoft !!! (...without billions of $$...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr2689 View Post
... and am a little confused by something: each column of the keyboard is selected by right/left arrows, but the numbers seem to be inversely related to the input letter (eg, number 2 => "s", number 9 => "l"). [...]
Sorry. You are SOOOOOOOOO right!!!
I developed "DictioLauncher" on my prs500 - and realized too late that prs505s are oriented completely different in regards to button layout...
I changed that and attached a "ServicePack1_505.zip" for all those who already tried my application: just replace the "old" autorun.js with the one in the Service Pack...
(...and I replaced the second attachment by one with the correct button access.)

Quote:
It would be quite nice, on that front, for the text to be rotated with the keyboard when reading in landscape mode.
You are right again; but I will get to that later when I repaired some of the more urgent faults...

Quote:
One other thing that struck me is the truncation of definitions ... definition of "abaisser" finishes at the word "abate," missing the final three definitions (although the word following "abate," "abridge," exceeds the prescribed area and overlaps the keyboard) [...]
I hope to have repaired that in the current Service Pack;

Quote:
Other than that, this seems like an ingenious way of getting around the lack of a keyboard, and supplies a sorely-needed tool for the unit.
Thanks for your feedback!
I'm just glad most of your findings came to my mind when I lay in bed, this morning - and I didn't learn of them only from your post ... Pooooooooh!

Quote:
EDIT: one other query: any support for multiple word definitions - [...] La Manche (the English Channel), La Haye (the Hague) &c.
EDIT EDIT: any way to avoid the splitting up of words? - as in the definition of "abandon" (plucked at random - though, in this dictionary, seems to be a singularly unuseful definition ) which appears:
" abandonment 2. abandonme
nt 3. abandonment 4. aban
Yes. These are some items that I plan to get into a version 0.6 or 0.7 later on.
I was happy to have the little baby running (crawling, that is) in the first place.
Any requests/queries are welcome!!!

Last edited by Clemenseken; 03-29-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote