View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #105
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Wow. There is simply no reasoning with some people. Trust me, Best Buy has discontinued carrying all the Sony Readers, and, so have other retailers. But, if you insist, go for it.
Please read my posts before replying and making false accusations.

I actually state, specifically, that someone being told by BB that they're no longer selling the Reader settled the issue. Up there. Above. In one of my posts. (It does not settle the issue for Sony, but just that BB itself is no longer selling the Reader.)

Quote:
You are incorrect in all your assertions and simply CALLING best buy will prove that to you. Not only are they out of stock on the 650 but the 950 as well (there was one store in my ENTIRE state that had the 950 and they had to ship it to my local store). And, they are clearancing out what is left of the 350.
See above post.

Quote:
Saying that Google brought something up doesn't make it so. See if you can find any of the readers at your local best buy, THEN come back to this thread. I have done that, so, unlike you, I speak from experience. I've also been unable to find a cover for my 950, so, again, unlike you, I speak from experience.
I googled and then checked stock.

Quote:
Nobody here is making up the shortages in inventory. You seem to be offended by what people are saying almost as if we were making it up. Why would we? Most on here LOVE their Sony readers. I wish to God I could find a cover for mine, or that I had been able to find my 950 without jumping through a thousand hoops. Alas, I was not.
I'm not offended. But people are claiming that readers are not available, wholesale, all of them. It's not true. The PRS-650 black is not available. Period.

Just some examples.

PRS-950 not in stock on Sony Style? Yes it is.
Covers not available on SS? Yes, they are, depending on (no 950 covers, but yes to red 650 covers).
Accessories not available on SS? Covers, cables and adapters are all in stock on Sony Style.

Quote:
By the way, I demonstrated to you another major electronics retailer (B and H) that has also listed "discontinued" under the 650 and 950, and they, too, have no covers for them.
And J&R stopped selling Readers too.

But let's take a step back. The premise of this thread and your post: all Sony Readers are being discontinued. The evidence supplied is lack of accessories, and stores stopping sales.

My claim: The PRS-650 has been very hard to find, but Sony is not discontinuing all readers. Feel free to double-check my posts.

My claim: Stores are still selling Readers I cited stores that sell Readers, and I checked the sites directly. Availability was called "wishful thinking," by one person, but it's 100% true. Yes, the PRS-350 in general. But, once again, the claim is all readers will be discontinued, which the 350 availability denies, and Sony Style denies with the availability of all readers except Black PRS-650.

My claim: Accessories are still available. This is demonstrated easily by Sony Style, which keeps getting linked and then claimed that nothing is available! Okay, no cover for the 950, but that's long standing (previously posted by me). No black cover for the 650 (previously posted by me). Other covers are available. The Cable is available. The adapters is available. Completely counter to claims made in this thread.

This thread is not new. Claims of the Readers being discontinued go back to December. But those have been based on the lack of black PRS-650. As evidence, look at the following thread from December:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118181

It was wrong then, and given the availability of Readers now, it's still wrong. All readers except black 650 are on Sony Style.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote