Thread: Troubleshooting Dead pixel problem solution?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Clean almost NEVER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
I don't abuse the device, have only dropped it once onto a carpet, never use cleaning solution on it. I do clean it pretty often with a microfiber cloth though, and might press hard then.

I'm going to be really embarrassed if it turns out that I returned my last kindle for a normal aspect of the eink screen.
NEVER clean the Kindle WiFi eInk screen unless it is really dirty. I've never cleaned mine at all for the last 6 months since purchase. If you keep it covered with the Marware cover, it should last clean without any cleaning almost forever.

If it does get dirty, then a good product for cleaning sensitive LCD and other organic screens can be found here:

http://www.pixelclean.com/product/Pi...Set-of-12.html

I use that for TV LCD screens, Garmin GPS Devices, cell phones, camera lenses, etc. Just wipe GENTLY in the middle with the wet cloth and then GENTLY dry with the dry cloth towards the edges. If you apply pressure or get liquid near the edges, it could destroy the screen.

LCD TV's need that for dust accumulations once every 6 weeks but hand held devices almost never need that cleaning unless they are really dirty.

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-03-2011 at 09:36 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote