View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #55
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Mike, would you like to tell us who the three people are in the video?

I think that your product looks great, and you seem to have connectivity and the touch screen well integrated already at this point. I look forward to see how well you manage all the features, such as the RSS reader and I would like to suggest you a killer application that I think will probably make e-ink readers a huge success:

- Synchronize them wirelesly with Android devices such as phones and tablets and synchronize them with Laptop web browsers through extensions.

For example:

- I want to click one button when browsing the web on my Android tablet/phone or Chrome Laptop and have the articles automatically added to my e-ink device reading queue wirelesly. If possible by some kind of push mechanism, otherwise just some kind of quick synchronization when in synchronization mode.

Then I also want one-click synchronization back from the wacom based e-reader to my laptop. For example:

- 5 people collaborate on editing a text. They can read it and annotate it all collaboratively in real-time.

So I think you need to integrate the annotations into Google Wave and Google Sidewiki
(some future version of Sidewiki to integrate overlay .png file annotations?).

Also, you select some text using the wacom, that selected text should then be highlighted when editing the same text on the laptop.

Usefuly case scenario: You read some articles, any text, you quickly select interesting parts that you either want to comment on later or that you want to change or that you want to quote.

So definitely it might not be easy, but a Google Wave robot or extension which synchronizes text markings or even annotations (also eventually using online based handwriting recognition service or shortcuts scribble service that I think Google should offer soon).

If you can make this work, I think all students, all professionals and everyone who enjoys reading and commenting and editing texts will want to buy this type of solution.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote