Thread: Laptop Choices
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I generally have desktops built specifically to order, but quite like Dell for our notebooks.

Going to break tradition when I replace our Dell netbook with a Macbook Air (13" 128Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM). The netbook, bag and charger weigh close to 3kg, whilst the Macbook Air comes in at just over 1.3kg. As we use the netbook for our travel PC, weight is very important when it comes to cabin luggage weights.
That is the model Macbook Air that I have (2012). I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I do travel a fair bit, and I usually have books to carry as well as my laptop when I go to the library to work. The light weight of the laptop makes a huge difference. I hope that you enjoy it. The OS offers many advantages to my work (linguistic research) over Windows as well.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote