View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak will bearound a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
Hi EZ Reader users,

I have been lurking around the forums and researching e-readers for a few weeks and I am now deciding between the EZ Reader PP and the PRS-300, please, why should I go with Astak over Sony?

I do like how Robert is on the forums and responds regularly, however with Sony being so large, I know they will be there tomorrow. So please, convince me why I should shell out the $20 more for the EZ Reader PP.

Also, how is the PDF support? I looked everywhere but there doesn't seem to be much feedback on it.
Dear Dan21:

It is great that you ask questions before you buy! Good for you.

I think everybody above has done a great job of giving you the differences betweeen the Sony and the Astak. NOTE that almost all have different things that they love about the Pocket PRO. You did not get the same 2-3 reasons from each... you have numerous reasdons WHY the Pocket PRO is dearly loved! AND... they are right about a User-Replaceable Rechargeable Battery!! The Sony is sealed in, meaning about $80-100 charge, freight costs, and 4-6 weeks without your device. You can purchase spare batteries on our website and always have a fully-charged battery ready to go. Changing takes about 20 seconds!

Astak is not a Sony! You are right! But Astak is a Team Research Division and Team Research has been around since 1992! We are not going anywhere and are bringing out many new models in fact! Even IF you keep your Pocket PRO 5 years... we will still be here to take care of you!

I hope I soon can welcome you to the ranks of very proud Pocket PRO lovers!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote