View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
For me, the vast majority come from the process of writing - very little happens until I start making the words appear. The ones that come with writing don't always have to do with what I'm writing - and that can be very distracting.

Sometimes an idea will appear as the result of something I'm reading or watching; some tangent from the story or text. More often than not, these don't get very far.

Rare gems appear mysteriously out of nowhere; a scene or thought, with no apparent explanation or source, that won't let go. So I make up a story to explain it. (Terry Pratchett's inspiration particles remain the best explanation that I have for these ones.)

Whatever the source, I am a firm believer that inspiration only works for those that are seeking it. I imagine that everyone has them, but if you are not searching for them, waiting for them, needing them, then they quickly fade away like last night's dreams.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote